Over 200 missiles landed from Pakistan in eastern Nangarhar province of Afghanistan, at a time when dozens killed and wounded in Pakistan shrine attack on Thursday.
According to local authorities, the incident which happened early in the morning on Friday injured two Afghan children and displaced over 100 families.
The missiles were landed in different parts of Lalpura district of Nangarhar, the provincial media office said in a statement.
Attacks on Lalpura district had been launched after at least 75 people were killed and over 300 more wounded in Islamic States (IS) claimed attack at a shrine in Pakistan.
Hours after the bombing, Pakistan's Armed forces spokesman, Maj Gen Asif Ghafoor wrote on Twiter: "Recent Terrorist acts are being executed on directions from hostile powers and from sanctuaries in Afghanistan. We shall defend and respond."
He also announced the closure of the Torkham border crossing with immediate effect "due to security reasons".
However, Shah Hussian Murtazawi, a spokesman for President Ashraf Ghani said that Pakistan should eliminate the terrorist sanctuaries in its soil instead of closing Torkham border crossing.
"We expect regional countries to eliminate terrorist sanctuaries and their recruitment centers as they are carrying out subversive activities, instead of closing borders," he said, referring to Pakistan.
Earlier on Friday President Ghani offerred condolences to Pakistani people over shrine attack. He said terrorism is the common enemy of all countries and a regional and trans-regional consensus is required to tackle terrorism.
“The Afghan government has always proved its honesty and commitment to maintain peace and stability and to fight against terrorism,” he said in a press statement.
"Afghanistan has sacrificed since years, and it expects other countries also to prove their honesty in fight against terrorism," the statement added.